[3830] SS CW N6ZFO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N6ZFO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 06:56:02 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SF
Operating Time (hrs): 22.5

------------
  160:    1
   80:  106
   40:  216
   20:  126
   15:  376
   10:  132
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Ran 200 watts with the FT-1000MP Mk V so that I could claim "B"
category and thus attempt to exceed the oldest standing CW SS record for ARRL
Sweeps, dating from 1974.  That record "B" score for the SF section
is 153,750, so whether I top it is a matter of error rate, and whether another
station competed  in "B" category this year from SF.

Attempts to get an SB-1000 amp working for the contest ended in failure,
hopefully temporary.

Conditions were not as good as in 2010, when I was able to set the SF
"A" all time record with 166,500 points.  The whole weekend was
struggle compared to three years ago.

Missed Labrador/Newfoundland for the sweep, and incredibly almost missed WV
after going 865 QSO's with no WV QSO. Then got three in the last 95 QSO's