[3830] SS CW K6CSL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6csl@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K6CSL Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 11:07:27 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6CSL
Operator(s): K6CSL
Station: K6CSL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SJV
Operating Time (hrs): 18:03

------------
  160:    2
   80:   28
   40:   39
   20:  102
   15:   12
   10:   14
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Arrrgh! Started slow. Unfortunately a busy week and very short on sleep. Not a
good combination to start with. The first couple of hours were EMA, IL, LA, NH,
OK, TX MN, WI MB and 1 in PAC(KH7XX). At OO:00 I went to 15m with mostly the
same areas I found on 10. I stayed on 15 for about 1.5 hours and moved on to
20m at 01:30Z. I stayed on 20 until I took a break for some dinner at about
04:00Z. At 05:00Z, being fully in darkness I tried 160m, finding only W4EG in
SDG and K6YT in SCV. I just passed through, picking up the only 2 stations I
heard. At 05:30 I moved to 80m. On 80 I found lots of KB'ers, TNX to K6YT,
K9YC, K6TU, K6NV, KU6J, W7RN, N6PN, K6XX, W6JTI, KE1B, NU6S, N6RK and W6BB(Go
CAL), along with CO, SD(WD0T), NM, and KS. At 08:30Z I moved to 40. Contacts on
40 were everywhere from PAC to East Coast. However the band was noisy here and
there were lots of big pile-ups. I worked 20 Q's on 40 before I left at 10:00Z
to go around the house and reset all the clocks and then headed for some sleep.
I got back on 20m at 19:39Z and and staying on there, working 63 Q's until
01:55Z when I figured I would try 15m as it seemed that everything I was
finding were dupes.  At 01:00Z I worked AL7X in AK, aside from which 15 was
dead. I did hear several JA's a VK and a couple of UA0's there. At 01:20Z I
moved to 40m until the end of the contest, finding among others there K6SF,
K6SRZ, W6XU, N6BV and Ann, W6NN along with KL7WP(in OR) K5YAA/M in OK, K1ZZ in
CT and AA4FU in NC at 02:58Z. The antenna restrictions Im having to endure sure
get to me when I work QRP stations giving me #614, like K0OU in MO. My friend
and fellow QRP Fox Hunter, Todd, N9NE in WI giving me #619 and another Fox
Hunter, and sometimes Fox, N0UR in MN with #670. Having 10 more Q's from the
same event last year, but 4 Mults less I ended up 16 points shy of last years
score. So, I'll be on for SS Phone in 2 weeks even though I know phone will be
much tougher with my station. However it's still fun and I'll be looking
forward to contacts with K9W on Wake Island between now and then. Bert, K6CSL