[3830] SS CW W2GD(@W2CG) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2gd@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W2GD(@W2CG) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 16:35:34 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W2GD
Operator(s): W2GD
Station: W2CG

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 7

------------
  160:
   80:   93
   40:  216
   20:   28
   15:   52
   10:   13
------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

A big thank you to Marty, W2CG for offering me the use of his fine station so I
might play for a few hours in what has always been the granddaddy of all US
domestic contests.  After adjusting his 80m inverted V for CDW, and installing
Win-Test updates, got started a little late but earning a sweep was my only
goal....so missing the early 'rate' didn't matter.  Actually did exclusively
S&P for the first four hours or so...chasing sections.  Easily found the
more 'difficult' mults (VY1, VE4/5/6, KL7 etc.) in the first two hours on 10
and then 15 meters....so felt very confident a sweep would happen.  Enjoyed
giving points out to so many of my contest friends that I've known for many
decades...SS is really ole home week in a way.  Finished up the Sweep by
working LA, ID and finally EWA.  Condx seemed near perfect....hope everyone had
as much fun as I did.  Maybe next time I'll do a QRP effort from
somewhere....love that tight competition!   73, John W2GD aka P40W