[3830] SS CW VE3MGY SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, VE3MGY@hotmail.ca
Subject: [3830] SS CW VE3MGY SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 20:13:28 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VE3MGY
Operator(s): VE3MGY
Station: VE3MGY

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: ONS
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:
   80:  305
   40:  204
   20:  140
   15:   11
   10:
------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

In keeping with the "80's" theme promoted on the ARRL Website for the
80th running of the SS I decided to use only my Low 80 Meter Dipole for all
QSO's and run only 80 Watts for all QSO's. That was the only thing that
actually worked out as planned. I was plagued with computer software problems
throughout the contest and ended up hand logging for the last hour(!)as my
laptop decided to lockup for no apparent reason at times causing delays as I
had to reboot it or reload some software when it froze. Remember when we logged
every Q by hand? I do ever not miss those days. Lost about 30 min trying to work
VY1EI in a massive pileup near the start only to catch him by himself on the
first call Sunday morning.

Decided to run assisted just for the sweep but ended up with 78 or 79 sections
calling in on their own anyway.

80 was S0 here all night and sounded ( and acted ) just like 20. Let's hope we
get a repeat in two weeks.

Thanks for all the QSO's

73
Brian