[3830] SS CW WN6K Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, WN6K@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW WN6K Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 00:31:19 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Vista, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
  160:    0
   80:   16
   40:  257
   20:  182
   15:  219
   10:  208
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Missed NT & NL - Missed the FIRST HOUR!

Was up and down from there... Saturday afternoon seemed fair and got a little
better as I finally got over my late start and a rhythm set in. Spent a little
longer on 10 hoping that the week's earlier splash of activity would still hold
on and produce enough activity - Wrong.  After that I was just chasing a
'rainbow' and just set in to trying to make up time.  Had a few great (for me)
runs but soon I ran into other "A" class ops giving me numbers that
were way above me and then determined delirium took over.  Determined that
despite the low serial number, I was going to at least do a WAS - (last state
was DE.) Only 2 VTs were in the log (they must be busy raking fallen leaves in
the old home state) but after working DE, I thought if I was lucky I might get
a sweep.

Wife went to play Bingo and she won $500 so there went the "Luck
Dispersal" for our household.

Sunday was really noisy atmospheric most of the day with lots of repeat
requests (there goes the UBNs again!) I had stations that were echoing, signals
that sounded like they had marbles in their Winkeyers - it was not pretty.

Finally it was over and I didn't make the 1K, sweep and it will have to wait
for next year's event.  Or at least SSB SS.

Worked a few DX (thanks Marko, ZD8O) but other DX who called were not in tuned
with the report needed so from then on, I just pretended to not hear them and
for the most part they were weak with the aforementioned signal problems and it
is way too hard to tell someone the rules in CW so you can walk them through the
exchange.  There are a few US stations that won't show in the log also as they
never came back to my queries for a fill in missed info - so they will be NILs
in the UBN I am sure.

(Dennis - I read and finished a small Patterson book)

WN6K. Paul