[3830] JIDX SSB JA1BPA SOSB/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, icko@yahoo.co.jp
Subject: [3830] JIDX SSB JA1BPA SOSB/10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 12:11:05 +0000
                    JIDX Contest, Phone

Call: JA1BPA
Operator(s): JA1BPA
Station: JA1BPA

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: Chiba
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:   49
   10:  281  56+26
-------------------
Total:  281     82  Total Score = 46,084

Club: University of Tokyo Contest Club

Comments:

What a difference 2 weeks can make!

After an amazing CQ WW SSB weekend making almost 1,700 Qs with LP, I had
expected a decent run for this one, although operating only part time.
Unfortunately, things have turned out to be quite different.

With a mighty storm system approaching and wind gusting up to 65mph, I could
not
use my stacked beam as in CQ WW SSB.  The propagation was suffering from minor
G-storm and I could not work anyone from the UK during a European opening on
Saturday (07~10UTC).

Sunday morning (Saturday 21~ UTC) was even worse.  I called N6RO at 2130UTC
who
was CQing, but the path was skewed to the south.  Apart from South Americans,
KL2HD, K7SS and WY0A replied to my CQ, but all via south.  Then a surprise
call
from VA2SY via south for a precious multiplier of sole VE station worked.
At 22UTC, there was a very short opening to the East Coast, but no one
from W1 or W2.  I saw South Americans spotted on 6mb, so I QSYed to make my
1st-ever QSO with South America on 50MHz in my life!

Thank you for the Qs and we look forward to seeing you all in CQ WW CW!

Best 73,

Icko, JA1BPA