[3830] WAE RTTY ON3DI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on3di@uba.be
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY ON3DI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 11:35:31 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: ON3DI
Operator(s): ON3DI
Station: ON3DI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  175
   40:  293
   20:   37
   15:  108
   10:  102
------------------------------
Total:  715  715    0    715  Total Score = 715

Club:

Comments:

Hi, due to work I wasn't able to have a full effort (I was really tired). I
started a usuall on 80m, went to 40m, ...

Two things:
-It wasn't the propagation of the CQ WW RTTY or SSB
-There weren't so many stations on the band

The reason for that is maybee the JIDX SSB and OK CW contests. It's pitty, the
organisation does a lot of efforts to increase the level of radioamateurs. It
is a nice contest, so I really hope that participation will rise!

The conditions were going up and down. It wasn't normal that I could easily
call CQ on 20m (I may send between 14.080-14.085), I had some reaction Always
nice!
I've been spot one by AA8R (thanks!). I said it before, it is really important
for small stations like me to be spotted, you Always feel the effect of a spot,
definitly when the spot is made by a dx-stations. So guys don't spot Always the
big stations who everyone can work, spot also the little one!

10m was also fun, but not in the same condition like during the JARTS contest.
I could call CQ en most of the time a russian or Ukranian station came back.
On 10m the most nice moment was working ZL2FC, new DXCC for me, thanks! I
worked two other DXCC's on 40m, St-Vincent and Dominica!

At the beginning of 2013, I had some goals:
-became first On-stations at the UBA prefix hunt
(http://www.uba.be/en/hf/contest-results/contest-results-selection?year=2013&vid=5266),
this is going fine!
-work new DXCC, am I doing.
-work Alaska, thanks to KL7RA!
-logging my 20.000st QSO, and since last weekend this is also OK! I was calling
CQ on 10m and RA0WHE had the honour, thank you! I have it on tape!

Now I am thinking about 2014, goals:
-writing QSL!!!
-learning my HAREC so I can send on the whole band.

WOrking operation:
-Winwarbler (so no QTC's), FT897 (only 50w!!!), home verticall antenne for
40m-20m-15m, dipole for 80m, small verticall for 10m.

Thanks to work me, good luck during next contests!
Thanks to my parents for the support!
And thanks to ON4BHQ for the chats on fb during the contest, it keeped me awake
;-)!

You may Always become friend on facebook: pieter onthreedi.

73,

ON3DI

P.S.: score and muls aren't correct