[3830] WAE RTTY N6HE Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, RAYDAY@cox.net
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY N6HE Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 04:22:38 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N6HE
Operator(s): N6HE
Station: N6HE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: So Calif
Operating Time (hrs): 15

   80:   14          0     7
   40:   31          0    16
   20:   89         10    29
   15:  128        130    44
   10:   20          0    13
------------------------------
Total:  282   0    140   109  Total Score = 104,656

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Lotsa fun, but the pile of dirt to my NE (about 30 degrees elevation
of dirt!) really limits me. Many sigs only needed an S-Unit or two
more to be workable by me. Low wires, too. Given the dirt, maybe that's
a good thing? TenTec Omni VII, SB220 at 500W, Writelog. Love the QTC
thing on RTTY!

1. What are those guys doing such that it takes them 5 seconds to
   start transmitting when it's their turn?
2. Managed 140 QTC's out of 282 QSO's. Where were the JA's when
   you needed them? (JIDX?) Only heard the JA big guns...
3. Computer locked up right in the middle of QTC's from a CE1 - after
   quite a few fills, too. Just as I got them all, FREEZE! Arrggghhhh!
4. "5NN"? Har! Repeating 599 3 times with the serial number? Har!
5. Not sending 599 at all? Should we break the news to them?
6. I was recieving QTC's from a JA when I had major QRM - constant -
   must have been unanswered CQ's... told him sorry, was not going to
   work. So he sends, "QRV QRV Please send now!" So I sent the QTC's
instead.
   Very cool on his part, yes?
7. Needed 5 hands to do the WAE RTTY as well as work 5J0R, T33A, and K9W
   on all their band-modes, too. Jeez.... Amazing I didn't blow something up!