[3830] KyQP K4FT RoverCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ft@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] KyQP K4FT RoverCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 15:30:41 +0000
                    Kentucky QSO Party

Call: K4FT
Operator(s): K4FT
Station: K4FT

Class: RoverCW LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:   68
   40:  160
   20:  390
   15:
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  618     0       0  Mults = 53  Total Score = 84,508

Club:

Comments:

Well, that was a learning experience. Thanks for all who worked me mobile and
several who followed us on our journey, I sure appreciate all the Q’s! My
apologies to those who I could not pull out, I have lots of noise problems to
work out (along with operating skills). There are miles of noisy power lines in
KY! The RFI fuel pump filter that Ford installed on my F150 finally gave up the
ghost after 10 years. A test run with the IC706 a couple of weeks ago revealed
I could use a better front end on my rig so I ran with the FT990. I could
always pull over and shut the truck off so I could hear (like I do with my 706)
but found out the 990 pulls a little more current and would shut down if the
truck wasn’t running. Thanks to those who corrected me when I was sending the
wrong county line abbreviation, I left my sheet at home (embarrassed!).  N1MM,
what an awesome program! It sure makes it easy to run rover class. Had a little
trouble with it spitting out a correct Cabrillo at the end but a small price to
pay. Jerry K5YAA is working with those in the know to get that corrected. When
I hear stations like W9MSE and K5YAA out running around with their super strong
signals it makes me realize how much work I have to do to get my mobile in
shape.  Tried three different DC to AC adapters to run the computer, do they
make a quiet one? Thanks to K4OH for driving and KA4SWT for navigating!

73 �" John K4FT