[3830] SS SSB W0EEE School Club HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n0ssc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W0EEE School Club HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 21:41:20 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W0EEE
Operator(s): N0SSC KC0YDZ KD0MYA KC9TKA
Station: W0EEE

Class: School Club HP
QTH: Rolla, Mo
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:    0
   80:   82
   40:  165
   20:  204
   15:  220
   10:    3
------------

Club:

Comments:

Another "successful" contest that didn't go without it's touch from
Murphy's Law. This was our first contest with the new beam antenna atop the
tower. It was a godsend from the dipole which, at best, would draw in about
20+dB of noise from the building below it -- which, thankfully, was
non-existent for this contest, making the low bands a blast. However, right
before the contest, we saw the beam was missing half of one of it's elements -
turns out it snapped right off and fell to the roof. We were lucky it's a log -
still tuned.

The contest was great, signals were loud (QRPers were easy pickings), ops
played nicely, then another part of a different element snapped off of the
beam. Crazy to happen twice in one night! A through investigation must be done.

Despite that, we bested our previous years' score and can't await to see what
the next year might bring -- hopefully a SteppIR. We had lots of guest
operators from the college (Missouri S&T) who are aspiring to get their
license. We clocked out early to get on with our busy college lives, and to not
set the bar too high for next year. :D

Good fun, good coffee, broken beam, clean sweep!!!

73,
N0SSC