[3830] SS SSB KT8K Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt8k@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KT8K Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 03:39:56 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KT8K
Operator(s): KT8K
Station: KT8K

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: EN82cg SE Mich
Operating Time (hrs): 21:13

------------
  160:    0
   80:   81
   40:  137
   20:  132
   15:   49
   10:   20
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Often tough going - finding the sweet spots in the ionosphere made all the
difference.   It seemed like a pretty regular pattern of openings, but spread
out nicely and staying stable for hours at a time.  The roughest place was
probably 40m after dark - it got pretty full and having a small signal makes it
tough to make any Q's in that environment.  Most of the time if the noise didn't
prevent it I could work anyone I could hear.

Thanks to everyone who listened hard for my small signal, and to those who
remarked on how strong I was - I started looking under the table to see if
there was an amplifier down there or something.  There were times when almost
everyone was loud here, and a lot of times when the back scatter was quite
clear.   I figure if most folks are 25 dB above the noise level and I'm down 20
dB (for example) I'm still 5 dB above the noise level, and expect to be loud
once in a while.  The only thing working against me is the man-made noise
(there's rarely a shortage of that, however).
It was a fun contest, in any case, and the propagation gods were smiling on us.
 What could be better?
Thanks to those who asked about or wished me luck with my "big
tower".  As you know, when it comes to my youtube channel, I LIVE for
those hits.  I am just thrilled folks have been getting a chuckle out of my
song "I Want a Big Tower" so here's the link again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNWZjzrzgwA
Hope to enjoy next weekend, too.  Best rx to all and 72/73 de kt8k - Tim