[3830] SS SSB ND0C Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, randydvm@iw.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB ND0C Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 05:32:48 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:
   80:   67
   40:   79
   20:   86
   15:  155
   10:  117
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

I wasn't real hard core this year - took some time off for family activities,
plus a few hours of sleep.  The primary highlight was completing a sweep for
the second year in a row, and this year it was the earliest ever: mid-morning
on Sunday, just before I left for church!

Propagation seemed pretty good this year.  10 was good on Saturday afternoon,
but not quite as good on Sunday afternoon.  Not sure how it was on Sunday
morning since I missed much of that. 40 and 80 were good producers in general,
but the static crashes on Saturday night made it kind of rough.

I really appreciate the patience of the ops on the other end especially on 40
and 80.  Common reply to my exchange: "I need it all again!".
Bummer!

The ND0C "super station":
  Yaesu FT897D running 4-5 watts out
  Cycle 24 TX38 tribander Yagi at 40 feet (seems to work pretty well!),
Cushcraft D-40 rotatable dipole at 42 feet (seems to work better than it
should!), inverted vee with apex at 39 feet (works like you'd expect - so-so!)

73,
Randy, ND0C

As always: "You don't have to be crazy to contest with QRP ... but it
helps!"