[3830] CQWW CW K3ZM SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pbriggs876@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K3ZM SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 22:29:47 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K3ZM
Operator(s): K3ZM
Station: K3ZM

Class: SOAB Classic HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   51    11       35
   80:  124    19       66
   40:  442    23       78
   20:  707    27       74
   15:  649    25       75
   10:  458    21       76
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Congratulations to the CQ WW Committee.  Hard to believe they could make the
best radio competition in the world even better.

Before the new CQ WW Rules:

Who wants to do dumb old antenna work this summer?  It's nasty out there!

Even the children will sneak off and hide
When I try to persuade them to go play outside.

They all should be out by the pool in their Speedos
But then they'd be fighting a swarm of mosquitoes.

The guys clear my land and get payment per diem
But they have to endure all the tiny no-see-ums.

My footings were made using powerful diggers
As I marked their location while scratching my chiggers.

They cut grass next door in the sun as the hay flies
While the guy in the tractor gets eaten by mayflies.

I put up a great new antenna from Hi-Z
Only to find that I got poison ivy.

I call up the druggist who's a good pal of mine
To order another six bottles of Calomine.

I've long since lost track of the number of times
That I worked in the field and then found I had Lyme's.

I buried a cable and found it's no joke
When you work on the ground and then get poison oak.

After the new CQ WW Rules:

Yay!  Tres cool!  Let's go do some antenna work!

Now I don't need those SO2R thrills
Like all the cool kids with their mad ninje skills.

The DX are calling me seventeen deep
And I can copy them 'cuz I got some sleep.

How exciting.  What fun.

73,

Peter  K3ZM