[3830] CQWW CW K7BG SOSB/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K7BG SOSB/10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 06:55:54 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: 04
Operating Time (hrs): 21:45

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  675    33      111
------------------------------

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Comments:

I had been hoping to do an all band LP effort, but since I have had the hacking
pip from pergatory for the last 3 weeks I didn't want to push it with lack of
sleep, etc. I was hoping for some great condx on 10 similar to what I had heard
about during the ssb test. I missed that whole weekend cuz I was in Seattle at
wedding. Although the band was open to a lot of places, Europe wasn't great for
running on Sat morning and was even worse on Sunday.

On Sunday I was working some EU skew path and then it opened up to direct path
only to go back skew on many signals. Sigs were not strong except for a few
zone 14 stations. I just S&amp;amp;Ped for the most part.

Other than the 2 great JA openings, the only time I got the rate meter up was
when trying to CQ in the afternoon which resulted in lots of zero pointers. For
a while I was thinking this was the CQ stateside instead of CQWW contest. I was
almost thankful for these callers on Sunday cuz things got really slow up
here.

It was great to tune across Z8 and 5R for zones 34 and 39 respectively. After
this the only zone I heard and didn't work was zone 2. I ran across a zone 2
station giving his exchange on Saturday and was getting pumped to bag that one
when the station he just worked QSYd him to 15 meters! I never even got his
call sign. I was very excited to hear a zone 2 station on Sunday as I tuned
across and heard 5NN2 only to have the exact same thing happen and the station
he just worked again moved him to 21. Still never got a callsign! Oh well. All
I could do was chuckle at this bad run of luck, but then later on Sunday I ran
across a VC2 and finally bagged zone 2. I think I actually worked everything I
heard in the test leaving nothing on the table as far as that goes.

Thanks to all for the great time and to the JA ops who are definitely some of
the best ops in the world. It was also nice to work all the PYs and LUs and
other SA during the afternoons.

Thanks for the good times!

Matt--K7BG

IC765 to Drake L7 at 600w
various yagis pointed various directions