[3830] CQWW CW M6T(G4BUO) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dave@g4buo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW M6T(G4BUO) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 11:55:39 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: M6T
Operator(s): G4BUO
Station: G0KPW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Suffolk, England
Operating Time (hrs): 45
Radios: SO2R

  160:  258    13       52
   80:  762    21       71
   40:  891    25       75
   20:  800    29       90
   15:  723    35       90
   10:  901    31       96
------------------------------

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

I really enjoyed my trips to K3LR in 2011 and 2012, but the point and click of
multi-op contesting brought about by Skimmer just isn’t for me, so I wanted
to return to SOAB Unassisted. Many thanks to Bob, G4BAH for making the
M6T/G0KPW station available for use.

I took the whole week off work to get ready �" five towers had to be
cranked up by hand, guy stakes banged in, and wire antennas set up from
scratch. I also had to resolve an issue with the feedpoint on the 20m beam. I
was just about ready for the contest by Friday evening, but I did not have time
to grab any sleep so I started the contest tired, and despite a 90-minute sleep
half way through, my tiredness meant I did not work the second radio nearly as
hard as I should have done, so my mult total suffered.

Activity level was great, and although 10 and 15m closed early compared with
previous cycles, there was always another band to move to. I focussed more on
mults on the second day, but this impacted my hourly rates. I was very pleased
to squeeze past the 6M barrier thanks to three new mults on 80m in the last
five minutes.

Dave G4BUO

K3 + Alpha 87
FT1000MP + Acom 2000
Win-Test 4.9.1
160m dipole up 85ft
80m 4-square
40m 402CD up 95ft, 3el wire beam fixed west
20m 4el up 95ft
15m 5el up 95ft
10m 5el up 95ft
Bencher Skyhawk up 90ft