[3830] CQWW CW VU2PTT SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vu2ptt@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VU2PTT SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 12:40:28 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VU2PTT
Operator(s): VU2PTT
Station: VU2PTT

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Bangalore MK82tx
Operating Time (hrs): 38
Radios: SO2R

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   63    13       38
   40:  271    34       93
   20:  336    32      100
   15:  407    35      103
   10:  467    30       87
------------------------------

Club: VU Contest Group

Comments:

Rigs: IC-746PRO x 2
Amps: SB-200 x 2 (Tnx VU2LBW for a loaner amp)
Antennas: All single element wires
          80m - Quarterwave Vertical + 1 20m radial on Spiderpole 18m
          40m - Half wave vertical + 5 x 10m radials
          20m - Inverted Vee
          15m - Fishing Pole vertical + 2 radials
          10m - Fishing pole Vertical + 2 radials
SO2R: N1MM logger, YCCC SO2R+ Box, 2 x Top Ten Band Decoder, 2 x ICE-419 BPF,
KK1L 2x6 Antenna Switch and Band Decoder

Another terrific time on the bands this time as an Assisted High Power
operation after doing the same some 20 years ago at VU2MTT where we had a 3-el
mono bander on 20m and 2-el monobander on 15m. Relatively this operation with
only wires netted about the same number of QSOs but 700K more points.

The bands were pretty good and this year I thought 20m was really quite good
compared to last year when I made over 3000 Qs. However, not having the beam
due to ongoing house move and new construction meant I had to quickly whip up
the wire antennas couple of days before the contest.

I had a hectic three weeks at work before the contest and decided to take it
easy in the Assisted category with a few breaks in between. Wanted to do DXCC
in a weekend on atleast 4 bands but was successful only on two (20 & 15m).
Should have pushed a bit more on 10 & 40m.

Made one single run on 80m but stopped after 30-40 QSOs because of the new
non-stop calling trend which seemed to have caught on a lot in this contest. I
had to send the call of the other 3-4 times at time to get through each QSO
because stations were not stopping calling until they heard only their call
sign go back.

Hope to see you all from my new QTH next year with better antennas.

Thanks to all for the wonderful QSOs, each one was enjoyable and special.

73 de Prasad VU2PTT