[3830] CQWW CW P3Z(5B4AFM) SOSB(A)/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, 5b4afm@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW P3Z(5B4AFM) SOSB(A)/10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 14:02:21 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: P3Z
Operator(s): 5B4AFM
Station: C4A

Class: SOSB(A)/10 HP
QTH: Nicosia
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 2265    38      143
------------------------------

Club: Nicosia Contest Group

Comments:

This was the second contest attempt from our new contest station on the
outskirts of Nicosia, following CQ WW SSB last month when we operated as C4A in
the M/2 category. We did not have enough operators to enter a multi-op category
so instead we opted for single band efforts, myself operating on 10m and
Philip, 5B4ZN operating on 15m as P33P.

The contest station is built outside the residential zone which gives us ample
of space to set up our antennas and keeps us away from city noise but there is
no permanent power/water supply for the time being and we have to rely on a
generator to keep things goings. This is very much a field day style operation
and we had to take operating breaks every 8 hours or so to refuel the
generator.

The band opened around our local sunrise time on both days and closed about an
hour and a half after our sunset which meant plenty of activity but my
expectations were even greater, especially after the excellent conditions we
experienced a month earlier. Partly this had an impact on my motivation levels
as I was steadily falling behind my objectives and found myself CQing less and
focusing on new multipliers instead on the second day. I never heard zone 1 and
37 and missed several DXCCs which I could hear but never ended up working. The
high levels of activity from Cyprus, C4A (SOAB), P3N (MS), P33W (MS), P3F (M2),
also had an impact on the size/duration of the high rate pileups and,
ultimately, on the final QSO count.

Thanks to everyone who called and thanks to Philip, 5B4ZN for his company...we
exchanged jokes and laughed a lot whenever things got a bit slow.

73, Stavros 5B4AFM

K3
Acom 1000
C31XR@15m