[3830] CQWW CW OK7K(OK1GK) SOSB(A)/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OK7K(OK1GK) SOSB(A)/10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 14:29:37 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OK7K
Operator(s): OK1GK
Station: OK7K

Class: SOSB(A)/10 HP
QTH: Sazena
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 1824    39      149
------------------------------
Total: 1824    39      149  Total Score = 815,920

Club:

Comments:

My first 10m SOSB(A) operation in CQWW CW Contest from Sazena OK7K station.
I used our new 10m antenna system - 7 / 7 / 7 ele OWA yagis, and old two 5 ele
OWA yagis as support.

Propagation on Saturday was better than sunday. First QSO in the log at 04:51z
with RC9O and last at 18:39z. Day ended with 1181QSOs/133DXCC/38zones (missed
z02 and z37). Now was time to set an overall goal �&amp;quot; 2.000QSOs.
But…propagation on Sunday was against - bad luck.

Sunday: signals from EU comes with strong echo. As Mac SN2M wrote �&amp;quot;
working Europe was a nightmare �&amp;quot; change speed below 18WPM was only
way
to success. I got same feeling as DH8BQA and I was frustrated if someone called
me with 579 signal and I could not able to read him due to echos. There were
really no difference between dot and dash. Sometimes was better to use K9AY or
beverage for RX, but…
Afternoon open path to NA, after few hours of browsing band I finally found
zone 02 (VC2R). I waited for z37 - but miracle did not happen…

Band closed at 17UTC. Contest ended. It was time for first beer with OK1BN
which ran SSB part one month ago. During discusion we checked the cluster
databases in order to found if anyone from zone 37 was active on 10m but could
not find anything. (I read comments from W0MM and he was called by 5Z4/DF5ZP)

Operating time 26 hours.

Used equipment:

FT-1000MP + ACOM2000A
Stack 7/7/7el OWA yagis, boom 13,8m (all rotatable togeher) @30/24/18m
5el OWA @ 15m fully rotatable
5el OWA @ 7m fix south
WinTest logging soft.

Thanks to everyone who called me. See you in next contest.

73! Pavel   OK1GK

http://www.ok7k.estranky.cz/
http://www.qrz.com/db/ok7k