[3830] CQWW CW OM7RU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, om7ru@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OM7RU SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 23:41:47 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Dolna Micina
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:  156    11       35
   80:  373    13       48
   40:  426    22       62
   20:  213    19       56
   15:  157    22       62
   10:  146    18       58
------------------------------

Club: Dozen Dasches Contest Club

Comments:

This autumn I spent a lot of time by rebuilding all connections between tower
and hamshack. Unfortunately, there was not a sufficient time to test all
components. Hundreds metres of coaxial and signal cables, tens various
connectors and new antenna switch controlled by StationMaster from microHAM...
Friday evening: All component were connected, but I heard only 160-40 m, 20-10
m were deaf... TX was not possible on all bands. Probably coaxial cables fault
- no chance to repair during night.
Saturday morning: found bad soldered coaxial connector for tribander and bad
coaxial cable between antenna switch and hamshack... Repaired at late
afternoon.
I struggled also with extremly high sensitivity of PA protections to bad VSWR.
Many times the PA was switched off due to low PA gain or bad VSWR, nevertheless
all antennas have VSWR lower than 1:1,8...
I set new goal: to test of all components and to find the best station setup.
Station upgrade was successfull, I have never enjoyed so strong pileups on my
QTH. I was able to make long pileups of 140-180 QSO/hour for a long time with
not rare peaks to 220 QSO/hour. Also DX conditions was nice.
Monday morning: last "gift" - I found tribander 14-21-28 with offset
of 45 degrees compared with rotator controller indication...

Thanks to all participant!

 Used equipments:
Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
ACOM 2000A (1,5 kW OUT)
MicroHAM microKeyer, MicroHAM StationMaster
WinTest

 Antennas:
160m: Vertical (35m tower + 2 elevated radials)
80m:  OptiBeam OB1-80 rotary dipole @34m
40m:  InvVee @21m
20, 15, 10 m: Cushcraft A4S 3 el. tribander @31m

73!