[3830] ARRL 160 K2QO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K2QO@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K2QO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 15:43:08 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K2QO
Operator(s): K2QO
Station: K2QO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 12

Total:  QSOs = 336  Sections = 54  Countries = 5  Total Score = 40,179

Club: Niagara Frontier Radiosport

Comments:

I used this contest to test my two 160M antennas in preparation for the rest of
the winter contest season. The results were not as dramatic as I'd hoped.

Ant 1: 220' CF dipole up 45' with ladder line to a Comtek 1:1 in the shack.
Ant 2: 275' W1FB Inverted U with 55' vertical legs fed with ladder line to a
Wireman 823a 1:1  balun just outside the shack.

The K3 got one on each port. The results? Almost everyone closer than about 300
miles was stronger on the dipole and most outside that range were about the
same. A few signals were clearly better on the U but it was not a runaway for
sure. Complicating matters were the poor condx on 160. I worked almost every DX
station I heard and that amounted to maybe 4 stations.

On a logging note, I have mostly grokked the most important features of Skookum
Logger by K1GQ. I no longer miss N1MM and my finger muscle memory is conditioned
to the new keyboard shortcuts.

Let's root for some good conditions for the Stew Perry!

73,
Mark K2QO
FN03ra
K3/100, Low CF Dipole, Inv-U, Skookum Logger, WinKeyer USB.