[3830] ARRL 160 N9IO M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N9IO M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 21:10:06 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N9IO
Operator(s): N9IO
Station: N9IO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 277  Sections = 68  Countries = 3  Total Score = 38,284

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I did what I set out to do this year to work AK on 160m.
Happy dance, thanks Gary AL9A and KL7RA.
Would not have worked them had it not been for my northerly pointed EWE.
Did not install the EWE until after 160cw last Dec, what a difference it made
this year! Could not hear either with my Inv-L. Also running the KD9SV rx
preamp.
Ran my ALS-600 for the first time on 160 instead of the TL-922A.
Also added an MFJ roller inductor tuner to help the amp behave higher in the
band. No tuner needed in the lower portion.

Worked:
SEC:
CT   EMA  ME   NH   RI   VT   WMA  ENY  NLI  NNJ  NNY  SNJ  WNY  DE   EPA  MDC
WPA  AL   GA   KY   NC   NFL  SC   TN   VA   VI   AR   LA   MS   NM   NTX  OK
STX  WTX  SF   SV   PAC  AZ   ID   MT   OR   WWA  WY   AK   MI   OH   WV   IL
IN   WI   CO   IA   KS   MN   MO   NE   MAR  QC   ONN  ONE  ONS  GTA  SK   AB
BC
DX:
C6    XE    ZF

73'