[3830] ARRL 160 N4XD Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ron.e.spencer@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N4XD Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 00:22:43 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD
Station: N4XD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 724  Sections = 100  Countries = 0  Total Score = 166,100

Club:

Comments:

sections noted includes countries

K3
Alpha 91b
Shunt fed tower
multiple beverages

Part time effort as I could not get on Friday night so only Saturday evening/
Sunday morning. Found band to be in very good shape. Using diversity on the K3
several times on louder signals I had trouble copying because of a delayed
echo. Have not heard that on 160 before.

Prop was, I think, quite good. Several times, while running, I'd get a call
from the west coast immediately followed by a call from a European. Hard to
know which beverage to listen on! An example. KH6LC called at his sunset and
the next call was from G4AQG. Made it fun.

Wish I could have run the whole test. Murphy did visit. As I was getting ready
to get some sack time early Sunday (around 2 AM local) I heard a light pop.
Didn't think anything of it as I had set the amp to standby and the radio off.
Woke up and noticed the amp was in wait mode. Hmm, that shouldn't be. Cycled
power a couple times but no joy. At least it happened near the end.

Ron
N4XD