[3830] NCCC Sprint K8MR LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K8MR LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 03:48:18 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Dec 13

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 0.4

  160:   0      0
   80:   8      7
   40:  13     11
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  21     18  Total Score = 378

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

First NS in a while - missed a couple of weeks for my trip to Punta Cana, a
couple for Cleveland Orchestra concerts, a couple of nights when I just
couldn't get motivated.

I'm working on getting my station switched over for S02R using N1MM. I did the
changes to my homebrew S02R box that I thought would make it work with N1MM,
but when I hooked it to my computer, it was frozen in stereo audio and would
not switch rigs for TX (though the software seemed to be responding). I stared
at things for a while, then decided to make some QSOs in S01R mode in spite of
unexciting conditions (W1NN and KW8N were puny weak from 30 miles away).

That worked OK until I went to 160. Half way through my first CQ the WinKey
stopped sending, N1MM froze up, I closed it but the computer said N1MM was
already running, and couldn't even close the N1MM process from Task Manager. By
the time the computer rebooted the NS was over.

Back to figuring out the mysteries of N1MM!

73  -  Jim   K8MR