[3830] ARRL 10 K5LH SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K5LH SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 00:43:41 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K5LH
Operator(s): K5LH
Station: K5LH

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  638   114
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  638   114  Total Score = 290,928

Club: HOTDXS

Comments:

A new personal best score, beating the previous one of 2011.  Almost all S&P
in extremely frustrating conditions.  Fine propagation to EU (better and longer
on Saturday than on Sunday), but poor into Asia and Pacific.  Relatively little
activity in South America and Caribbean.  From my TX perspective, band was open
virtually all the time to all of VE, W1, W2, W3, W7 and northern W6.  And this
pattern did not change at all over the weekend.  It was as if a big blanket had
put W4, W5 (predictably), W8, W9 and W0 into a deep slumber.  Given my wire
dipole and 100 W, I managed to work, it seems, everyone in WA, OR, NH, NY and
MD, but there was nothing doing in the other call areas.  Actually never worked
XE, GA, KY, SC, MS, IN, MO and WY, and only single stations in several other
states around them.  It boggles the mind to imagine what the QSO count could
have been if FL, GA, TN, KY, OH, IN, MI, IL, WI, MN, AZ and others had been
reachable.  Assume all those high power stations with super antennas did
better.  Anyway, it was fun, and 10 meters lived up to its reputation of
surprises and unpredictability.

Rig: Ten-Tec Eagle, wire dipole, Aether for Mac.

73, and Happy Holidays,

Chris, K5LH