[3830] ARRL 10 W2UP(@W0DLE) SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2up@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W2UP(@W0DLE) SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 01:28:56 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W2UP
Operator(s): W2UP
Station: W0DLE

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 26
Remote Operation

   CW: 1356   144
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1356   144  Total Score = 781,056

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

One never knows what to expect from 10m.  Last year was a bust, so I was hoping
for some good condx this year.  On Saturday morning, I started hearing Europe
about an hour before sunrise, but nobody could hear me.  I thought my station
host, W0DLE, took it upon himself to crank down the power and put me in the QRP
category without telling me.  At 8 AM local, the door to return propagation was
unlocked and I had  about 3 hours of a great EU run (by Colorado standards).
On Sunday, the band opened early to Europe, both directions - about 30 minutes
before sunrise, but signals were down and I could never get a decent run going.
 Oh well...

I worked all 50 states, the close in ones being last - OK, KS and WY.  Is every
resident of Vermont now a ham?  It's incredible how many VT stations I worked.
Only mults I heard that I couldn't work were 9V and HS (called one HS and 2
E21's without success).

Last year, I was hoping to break the record for Colorado in SO/LP/CW.  It was
set in 1991, so it was overdue!  As the bands didn't cooperate last year, I
figured this would be my last shot at it until the next solar peak.  The bands
cooperated and I was close to the record before shutting down for the night on
Saturday.  Blew it away on Sunday and also broke the Division record, set in
2001, by almost 100K!

Many thanks to W0DLE for the use of his station (remotely).  Chuck is the
Energizer bunny of station and antenna work.  He never stops making changes and
improving things.  This year, the remote worked like a charm.  Thanks again,
Chuck.

Rate sheet (no laughing from the east coast, please):
12/14/2013      0       34
12/14/2013      1       40
12/14/2013      2       36
12/14/2013      3       11