[3830] ARRL 10 VE4VT SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VE4VT SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 01:40:24 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE4VT
Operator(s): VE4VT
Station: VE4VT

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   CW:  246    93
  SSB:  711   112
-------------------
Total:  957   205  Total Score = 493,230

Club:

Comments:

This turned into a part time effort for me as family duties kept me out of the
chair much of the prime time. Missed big chunks of both Saturday and Sunday
mornings and the opening to EU.

It was amazing to see how the band opened to Europe. Initially with a skewed
(about 50-60 degrees from normal) from 30 minutes before sunrise  and it
finally straightened out about 45 minutes after sunrise.

It was also clear that the MUF moved through the 10m band. Sinals were huge in
the CW portion and were 30 dB or more weaker on SSB. This also eventually
straightened out. On band closing it was just the reverse, SSB started
vanishing while CW was still rocking. A few hundred kHz made a significant
difference!

Wish I could have put more time in the chair as this may be the last decent
10m
contest for awhile.

10m Aurora anyone?

Happy Holiday season to everyone. Hope to see yopu all in the RAC contest Dec
28.

Ed
VE4EAR/VE4VT