[3830] ARRL 10 W6QU(W8QZA) SO CW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wparker2@san.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W6QU(W8QZA) SO CW QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 05:18:05 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   CW:  433   100
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  433   100  Total Score = 173,200

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

W8QZA Station:

Radio: Elecraft K-2, 5 Watts

Antenna: 3 el SteppIR up 10 Meters

---------------------------------

Conditions were decent, but not the greatest. I had 36 Qs into Europe (8.3%)
from out here in San Diego.  68.1% of my Qs were with USA stations.

Best Qs were OX, LX, and BY.  I worked 45 different DX entities in 22 Zones.

But one of my main objectives was to get the two CW states I had remaining for
the Triple Play.  I got both (ND and ME) with stations that are active LoTW
users, so that should take care of that!  If they both come through, I will
only need SD on digital to complete the Triple Play.

This is one of the few contests that I can successfully CQ from my home
station. I got 77 (17.8%) of my Qs by CQing.

....and the best thing about this contest is that I got to sleep both nights!

73 and see you all in Feb 2014!   ....Bill W8QZA / W6QU