[3830] ARRL 10 XE3/K5ENS SO SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, keith@kathyandkeith.mx
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 XE3/K5ENS SO SSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 18:37:28 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: XE3/K5ENS
Operator(s): K5ENS
Station: XE3/K5ENS

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

   CW:
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1808   128  Total Score = 462,848

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

It didn't start off very well on Friday night.  I had only made 57 QSO's in the
first 5 hrs.
So I went to bed early.  The band opened up around 12:00z Saturday to Europe
and
stayed open until I had to stop for a Christmas party late that afternoon.  By
the time
I got home the band was empty again.  I got up in time Sunday to see the band
opening
again and worked until about an hour before the contest was over.  I ended up
with
about 23.5 hours in the chair.

It is nice to start seeing some of the contest stations picking up my call
without repeating
several times and even better when many stations said that they had been
looking for me.

I still have some learning to do with N1MM and I needed another 10 meter
antenna but for
what I have I am pleased with my score.

73,  Keith XE3/K5ENS