[3830] ARRL 10 WO4O SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wo4o.radio@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 WO4O SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 02:29:08 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WO4O
Operator(s): WO4O
Station: WO4O

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  644   116
  SSB:  112    68
-------------------
Total:  756   184  Total Score = 515,200

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Prefer operating this test SO2R LP for Mixed class but don't have everything
hooked up yet, so SO1R it was.  Entered HP but actually op'd QRP, LP and HP
while tinkering with the toys. For S&P, called first with 5 watts. Then, if
QRP first call failed, went to LP on second call. If LP call failed, went HP.
Made SO1R more interesting but not optimal. Though, surprised myself with the
many QRP Qs. Was monitoring Telnet spots before the contest and goofed up by
forgetting to shut off the feed after my first contest Q with Red/K0LUZ, so
entered Assisted. Watching the spots proved to be interesting and distracting.
It may take me awhile to climb the learning curve for FL propagation (after my
20 years experience in TN). Eager to get all the antennas up at the new QTH,
get the beams rotating and the relay switches operational. Although a part time
effort, it was fun while it lasted. Thanks for the Qs!  73 ric wo4o