[3830] ARRL 10 MM2N M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mm0gpz@blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 MM2N M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 13:02:39 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: MM2N
Operator(s): MM0GPZ GM0LIR
Station: MM2N

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Glasgow
Operating Time (hrs): 19

   CW:  578   124
  SSB:  490   120
-------------------
Total: 1068   244  Total Score = 802,272

Club:

Comments:

Started 9:15 am on Saturday. Got called for dinner just after 18:00 and went
because it was really slow by then. 485 Q's. I had operated alone on Saturday
and was joined by Phil GM0LIR on Sunday.

I managed to get in front of radio at 7:35 on Sunday. Worked virtually all
Russians until 8:15 then China, Middle East stations, Japan, Australia all were
worked quickly for mults. USA came in about 12:15 and had been preceded by
Caribbean stations about 30 minutes earlier.
Missed DC, AK, and HI. Basically missed most of Canada and Mexico. 6 VE and 3
XE mults.

98 DXCC in total worked.

Antenna's were a HB Hexbeam at 43 feet and 4 ele HB G0KSC beam pointing mainly
NW at 25 feet on my portable mast.
Very interestingly for me, this was the first time I had tried an HF beam at
the bottom of my garden about 50 feet from the house. The Hex is on a mast
above the house. It became really evident as the day went on just how much
noise I have to deal with into the Hex. Weak stations would be clear on the 4
ele beaming West but barely audible on the Hex at times. Earlier in the day,
the Hex was performing super well to the East and outperforming the yagi which
would have to beam through the house. My improvement opportunity is clearly to
relocate my Hex to the bottom of the garden. I will definitely need XYL
permission for that :-)

Hopefully conditions will hold up for next year which I'm already looking
forward to.

Gordon
MM0GPZ