[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 01:38:11 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Dec 27

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.40

  160:   6      3
   80:  12      4
   40:  14     10
   20:   0      0
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  32     17  Total Score = 544

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I  misread Tom's message seeing only "extended 15 minutes" and not the
0215 start. To make matters worse, no keying until computer was re-booted.  We
had just returned from Christmas holiday near San Francisco so was a bit
rushed.

The once per station per band dupe rule was great fun. It puts some strains on
memory. . .  I attempted to double-dupe N6RO on 80 and felt bad about doing so
until Ken returned the favor on 160. Also QSO'd  Danwa twice consecutively on
160, so had to deduct one Q.

Lots of signals heard on 20m --- weak, and of course I thought they were
warming up ...  duh.   By the time I got the keyer working and realized the NS
had started, no one was left.  On 40 could hear WJ9B easily but he rapidly
faded as skip lengthened.  80 was short, as was 160; but when I alternated back
to 80 some more distant stns appeared, and grabbed a QSO with K4BAI.

Looked for the 3610 net, but no one there thus the dinner report has to be made
here:  it was a savory soup of leeks and small mussels, flavored with
locally-produced white wine, and a spicy turkey broth -- xyl was cleaning the
refrigerator for broth made from the Thanksgiving turkey carcass; she threw in
a chipotle pepper sauce along with the usual vegetables.  The leek-mussel soup
was delicious, and provided a long-lasting dose of Vitamin B-12.

NOW .  time to promote the winter ladder. . please tell your friends
acquaintances and even enemies if you have any to show up for this great
competition . . . . it's the most popular ladder.  I will initiate a vigorous
campaign during the week.

and yes know we are a bit behind on rewards..

73 and Happy New Year to One and All -- be looking for you in the Stew with
antenna problem now fixed.

Bill n6zfo