[3830] RAC Winter VE6TL SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE6TL SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 00:23:05 +0000
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE6TL
Operator(s): VE6TL
Station: VE6TL

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Calgary
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:    53             6
   80:   157             9
   40:   230            10
   20:   295            10
   15:   197             8
   10:   123             6
    6:
    2:
Total:  1055    0       49         0  Total Score = 225,792

Club: Alberta Clippers

Comments:

This is the first time I've done the contest CW only and managed 19 hours with
one patch of sleep from 11PM (local mountain time) until 4AM as the bands
didn't seem that active at the time.  We were also experiencing gale force
winds and snow as the temperature plummeted from 11C to -18C in just a few
hours.  Fortunately, the antennas survived.

Overall, I'd say the condx were pretty decent as I managed to run (or jog) most
of the time.  This is borne out by the bell shaped stats of QSOs, centered on
20m.  Saturday morning featured more European DX than I've heard in past years,
which made it even more fun.  The big disappointment was that I never heard PEI
on any band.  This was also true of Nunavut, but I expected that.  Working NS
on 160m was a treat.  Not having the packet spots to look at made it a bit of a
struggle to find the mults.  This was the first contest of I've done from home
in a long time, so it felt good to be a 10 pointer and have lots of people
calling.