[3830] TBDC DH8BQA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dh8bqa@necg.de
Subject: [3830] TBDC DH8BQA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 16:45:04 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: DH8BQA
Operator(s): DH8BQA
Station: DH8BQA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: JO73ce
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 364  Total Score = 1,396

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

QSO total including a few dupes. Expected more than our 160m full-size lazy loop
@15m height was able to deliver. Really need some RX antennas for the future.

Most fun was beeing called by VK6DXI & VK6VZ for 2 x 28 points, ufb. JH4UYB
was good for 18 points but remained the only JA. A few nearby UA9's wkd but
RA0FF with 16 points was the only real DX from Russia, thanks for the call.

Greyline at US sunset produced a few surprising QSOs. All in all condx during
the night were better into NA than at our local sunrise where most NA signals
were already gone. From my impression signals peaked between 2 and 3z overhere.
So good to spend the night at the radio rather than sleeping and getting up for
our sunrise greyline. 45 x W/VE with N0NI being the most westerly plus one FM
and KP2 each. Sure a few more callers where I couldn't make out the callsigns
due to missing RX antennas. Nothing heard from Africa nor South America.

All in all most DX was down into the noise, really learned to appreciate the
K3's APF. But still waiting for a firmware update that allows generating key
klicks to clear run frequency and give back what others are putting on us! :-(
Once again a few very bad signals from Europeans making DX +/- a few kHz simply
impossible. :-(

After all quite some fun and a good way to let this contest year end.

73, Olli - DH8BQA