[3830] TBDC VE3CV Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jjw5257@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] TBDC VE3CV Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 17:22:25 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: VE3CV
Operator(s): VE3CV
Station: VE3CV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN93el
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs = 145  Total Score = 882

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Well that was fun!  Lost all my antennas in the great Ice Storm of Dec 21-22.
See pics on QRz.com. Got all the Beverages fixed on the 22nd and put up a new
80m doublet for 160m using my gin pole on top of the 40ft tower for 48ft at
apex. Did this during a snow squall on the 25th and finished the balanced
feedline install on the 26th.  This WX obviously gave me extra db as I got into
Central and Eastern EU and Chile often with one call. Disappointed the Western
EU sunrise opening did not happen.  EU signals got weak and watery around 0530Z
and I packed it in at 0730Z.  Glad I worked V5/DL3DXX on Friday night during the
RAC Winter because I didn't hear him Saturday.  Great opening to the West
Coast...it had been awhile.  Though no KH6 heard.  Lots of great ops with good
ears.  Thanks for the Qs.  See you for CQ160.
73
Jeff VE3CV