[3830] TBDC N2IC Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N2IC Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 20:07:09 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 548  Total Score = 2,739

Club:

Comments:

In a short period of insanity, I operated full-time in a 160 contest.

I don't like 160 contests for a number of reasons: 1) Far away from all DX 2)
Mediocre antennas 3) Boring after the first 3 hours. The only thing that kept
me going was the hope that there will be a good EU sunrise opening (there
wasn't) and/or a good JA opening (there wasn't).

As for EU, G4AMT was it. Didn't hear even a whisper of any other EU here in
southwest New Mexico. 10 JA's, spread across 5 hours and RA0FF was it from that
direction. ZL3IX had a good signal, despite having no beverage in that
direction. The big surprise were three VK6's - DXI, VZ and GX. Thanks ! Around
12Z, heard east coast stations working VK6DXI. Couldn't hear Mirek at that
time. Had to wait for the opening to shift westward, beginning around 13Z.

Looking back, it was fun. Not so much at the time. No, I won't be full time in
the CQ 160 !

Thanks for the QSO's.

Radio: TS-590S/Alpha 76PA
Antennas: Sloping dipole, shunt-fed tower, beverages NW, NE, E, SE
Software: N1MM Logger

73m
Steve, N2IC