[3830] RTTY Roundup WP2/WQ6X(@KP2M) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup WP2/WQ6X(@KP2M) M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 02:41:55 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: WP2/WQ6X
Operator(s): N6GEO WQ6X
Station: KP2M

Class: M/S LP
QTH: St. Croix
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   80:    8
   40:  231
   20:  250
   15:  398
   10:  207
------------
Total: 1094  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 51  Total Score = 115,964

Club:

Comments:

N6GEO/NP2 & WQ6X/WP2 together ran a Multi-single operation from the KP2M
station (see: http://RadioReef.Com) on the island of St. Croix (Zone 8) using a
unique combination of equipment.  We brought in a pair of Flex-1500 SDR radios
and Tokyo Hy Power amps.  The main station ran a 1500 into an intermediate
HL-45b amplifier uping the 5 watts to approx. 35 watts, enough to drive an
ALPHA 89 amplifier to 149.45 watts to qualify as an LP entry.
We used the array of antennas at the KP2M site which included a Force-12
multi-
element yagi for the high bands, 6-elements on 20-m, 3-elements on 40-m and a
dipole for 80.
Other than a handful of  Windoze"blue screens" (the worst came when I
attempted to contact WA1ZAM for VT) we did not encounter any major problems. We
worked all states except ND and logged most of the VE provinces, as well as 52
DXCC multipliers.
Overall, we had a wonderful time and had a ball handing out /WP2 as a country.

The wonderful thing about RTTY contests is that we didn't have to hear from
1,000+ different stations how COLD it is.  For us, the Wx was a consistent 85-f
in the day and 70's in the night.  For the 5-hour sleep period, WQ6X slept on a
HUGE hammock on the back patio of the Radio Reef location.

N1MM as our logging program worked EXTREMELY well; especially with the
stacking/grab features and the F11-NOW key.  While you can expect to look for
us in other upcoming RTTY contests, there will never be one quite like our
operation from St. Croix.

You can see more comments about our activity at the WQ6X contest blog:
http://wq6x.blogspot.com/2014/01/wq6x-n6geo-operate-rtty-ru-contest-as.html