[3830] NAQP CW N4FP Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wayne@wgb.cc
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N4FP Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 18:29:18 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: N4FP
Operator(s): N4FP
Station: N4FP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Oxford, FL
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

  160:
   80:   60    25
   40:  108    39
   20:  125    47
   15:   59    27
   10:   10     7
-------------------
Total:  362   145  Total Score = 52,490

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

Operated from isolated antenna lot outside The Villages.  Late start due to need
for antenna repair.  Then, 20 minutes after start, a wind gust knocked over the
pole I had holding ladder line off metal roof, pulling the feed line out the
open window, which pulled the antenna tuner to the floor, jerking the coax from
rig which snapped the BNC connection off my Flex 3000, breaking the center pin.
Took 30 minutes to get back up, making a temporary fix with a paper clip and
alligator clamp.  Suspended operation for 25 minutes during a heavy
thunderstorm with lightning and high wind.  Terminated over 2 hours early after
2 stations advised me my cw keying was broken and unreadable, apparent
transmitter issue.  Despite all this, a fun time.  Flex 3000, 100 watts through
Dentron tuner to 500' horizontal loop at 35 to 45 ft, fed with ladder line.
This antenna worked well on 40, 20, 15, fair on 10, and worked very well on 80
fed as single wire with ladder line tied together at tuner.