[3830] CQ160 CW N7AT(K8IA) Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk8ia@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N7AT(K8IA) Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 15:15:02 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N7AT
Operator(s): K8IA
Station: K8IA

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 21

Total:  QSOs = 944  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 25  Total Score = 227,586

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Token effort the second night. Limited operation due to two nasty noise sources.
One, a longtime noted,but sporadic, S5-S7 powerline noise to the NW killed
nearly anything I wanted to do towards real JA runs the first night.Tought
working thru that stuff and I am sure I left a lot of callers wondering.

The other noise just cropped up this weekend and I have no clue what it is.
>From 0600Z thru 1200Z Sunday It trashed everything below 1860 with S3-S5 audio
notes and IMD junk. Couldn't do any operating at all below 1860, and who wants
to be stranded up there? Like it began, it just vanished at 1200Z.

This could have been a lot more fun with quieter situation and the 28-30 hours
I had originally planned to put in.

Next up here will be CQWPX RTTY in a few weeks.

Tnx for all the q's and great ears.

73, Bob K8IA
Trustee for N7AT
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club