[3830] CQ160 CW K0EU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K0EU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 17:59:01 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 21
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 753  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 15  Total Score = 123,620

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Decided to try a semi-serious entry in this one. The second night may be more
boring than Sunday in SS. I didn't think that was possible. Second radio
definitely got a workout with many QSO's and most DX contacts and mults found
while "running". Lots of work for very little payoff. Didn't seem to
be a whole lot of DX on for this. Missed working FM5BH, VP2V/K3LR, and BA5CW as
the pileups were too huge to attempt breaking with 100W. Coolest QSO was finding
EA8/RA1A with what must have been spotlight propagation. He was working Europe
in what used to be the DX window on 1834.5. Got him first call.

After first night, still needed ND KH6 KL7 for WAS. Thanks to W0TUP KH6CC and
WL9E for calling in on the second night. My first 1 weekend WAS on top band.
Apologies to anyone that called and didn't get my attention. Still a bit deaf
due to high noise levels at my semi-urban QTH.

Expect huge scores from K0RF, K0DU, and KV0Q. Those guys were cleaning up
anytime I heard them. Colorado was well represented in this one.

73 Randy K0EU