[3830] CQ160 CW W6PH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6ph@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W6PH Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 21:33:40 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: W6PH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Lone Pine CA
Operating Time (hrs): 11.5

Total:  QSOs = 477  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 15  Total Score = 77,682

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Equip:  FTdx3000  AL1200  CT-DOS 9.57
Ant:  1/4 wave inductively loaded sloper below 5el 10m yagi at 60 feet

A very casual operation and quit at 11 pm both nights.  Operated about one hour
each morning from 6 am to 7 am.

W1 was real tough and I missed ME (heard K1WHS), RI, and VT (called W1SJ many
times).  I never heard VE4 or VE5.  My last mult was N0UD (ND) on Sunday
morning.  The sunrise enhancement to JA on Sunday morning was strong and I
worked several that couldn't hear me 15 minutes earlier.

I am still looking for a decent 160m antenna that doesn't need radials and fits
on a 60 foot mast.  This one is the best so far but doesn't compete with the
guys with verticals and big radial fields.

I tried working XV2E and NH0Z who had no callers but they kept CQing in my
face.  Very disappointing.  But I did work HS0ZKX who was very readable.

Next gig is ARRL DX Contests as VP9/W6PH.

73, Kurt W6PH