[3830] CQ160 CW KV4FZ Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW KV4FZ Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 03:56:00 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KV4FZ
Operator(s): KV4FZ
Station: KV4FZ

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 27

Total:  QSOs = 1145  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 67  Total Score = 947,000

Club:

Comments:

Good opening to Europe first night and not as good the second.  My goal was for
the first time make 1000's and was able to get there and then some.  Worked one
new one with an NMI contact with NH0Z.  My call was first returned as VK4FZ but
then I heard it correctly after several attempts. What a thrill!  An
outstanding issue that might go unnoticed from this side of the Atlantic was
how orderly the many Europeans took turns. They gave there call and stood by
when they heard me reply to even a partial of someone else.  What really helped
also was that I would send  their call at the end of the exchange again for
clarity.  It slowed my contact rate down a bit but I think it made sense.
During the early stages of both evenings I heard many stations both on the
mainland and DX but a S&P effort was fruitless will huge walls of stations
both on the East Coast and Europe working each other.  It was nice doing WAC
and WAS during the contest, except for Alaska.  Also working Dave N2NL/KH2 was
easy and the path goes right over KL7.  Dave's signal from Guam was a true 579
when he called me at Sunrise. No JA's this year for me nor any VK's but ZM2IO
was the lone contact from New Zealand. PY's used to be rare in this contest but
many were active. They should earn a special point bonus for toughing it through
the tropical summer QRN this time of year.