[3830] CQ160 CW K0TT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tt@frontiernet.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K0TT Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 18:42:12 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K0TT
Operator(s): K0TT
Station: K0TT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 11

Total:  QSOs = 471  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 12  Total Score = 72,138

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Was expecting to run high power, but used low power because 1) amp is down
pending replacement of band switch and 2) significant power line noise problem.
Running only 100w, I still had problems copying some sigs thru the S9+10db power
line arcing noise. Note to self: Install Rx antennas so I don't have to listen
on the vertical all the time. I was able to copy some signals using the 40m
delta loop, but it's a hassle trying to switch antennas when running CW. Hope
local power company can fix the problem before the 160 SSB contest. I directed
them to the noise location, about a mile from my QTH. Their easter-egging
hasn't worked to cure the problem. Their RFI expert retired recently, but I
found out he is still available to contract, so there is hope.
Started late Saturday evening due to other conflicts. Also operated starting
around 3PM on Sunday afternoon, once the band started opening to the east
coast. Found a few new stations during the final hour, so was worth the effort.