[3830] CQ160 CW W0AIH Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tg@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W0AIH Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 05:07:50 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): W0AIH K0TG
Station: W0AIH

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 25

Total:  QSOs = 1140  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 34  Total Score = 270,258

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Another fun weekend pumping RF thru the big iron!

The first night was the DX night.  Good signals all around. The band seemed to
be in great shape for stateside as well.  The second night it was a different
band.  Signals were weaker and I relied on the beverages more to hear some of
the weak stations (stateside) that called.

Glad the wind held off until after the contest.  With he way it was blowing I
think there would have been a lot of static noise from that.

It took a long time (or so it seemed) to pull some of them out of the mud.  Had
to find the right beverage to listen to them on and some people only send their
call one time.  Sending it a couple of times will not hurt when the other
station is trying to copy.  Oh well, pet peeve...

Sections missed: LAB, NWT, YT, NU
   The section holdout award goes to SK. We did not have that one in the log
until after 0000Z the 2nd night.

DX worked: CT, DL, EA, F, G, GW, OK, OM, ON, OZ, PA, S5, SM, JA, 6W, EA8, KH6,
6Y, C6, CM, FM, KL, KP2, KP4, V3, VP2V, VP9, XE, ZF, CE, HC, HK, PJ2, PY

The QSO count was down from last year. I was SO/A but different year and
different conditions I suppose.

Thanks to Paul for another fun one.

73, John  K0TG