[3830] CQ160 CW ON7EH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on7eh@skynet.be
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW ON7EH Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 07:21:22 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: ON7EH
Operator(s): ON7EH
Station: ON7EH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Machelen
Operating Time (hrs): 20

Total:  QSOs = 622  State/Prov = 13  Countries = 54  Total Score = 225,012

Club: NBT Grimbergen

Comments:

First participation to this 160m contest and the last of the season.

Tx: K3@100W
Tx/Rx ant: quarterwave inv L on 14.8m Spiderpole down to 11m telescopic tower.
5-20m long radials with some longer ones
Logger: SD

Best half hour with 9 US stations around 06:30 on Saturday morning.
Best DX: Texas, AB5K and FM5BH. Still no UA0 nor JA in the log.

Belgium was hit by a storm on Saturday evening around 20h. Luckily, the
fiberglass tube flexed its way through the gales...

Unfortunately, we had to quit early on Sunday morning for other activities.
No Sunday sunrise nor evening opening.

Some big pileups on DX were demotivators.
Operation was a mix between S&P and RUN.

We are very happy with the rather unexpected results.
It pays to gradually improve the setup contest by contest.
Thanks to all!