[3830] CQ160 CW WB8JUI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb8jui@juno.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW WB8JUI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2014 12:46:51 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WB8JUI
Operator(s): WB8JUI
Station: WB8JUI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Bellevue, Ohio
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 700  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 12  Total Score = 106,195

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This was pretty much an exercise in futility.  Things started out OK, then
Murphy put in a cameo appearance. The Inverted L broke from excessive ice and
wind about 30 minutes into the contest.  Out into the sub zero temperatures,
blowing snow and the dark of night to repair and temporarily patch things.  45
minutes later with the antenna at least off the ground and at the 3 foot level
I forged ahead.

Back outside Saturday morning to get things back up to the 50 foot level.
Still subzero temperatures but at least I had the light of day to work with.

Naturally night one from here seemed to be the best propagation wise.  Only one
EU in the log and that was worked the first evening.  The usual Caribbean
contingent along with CE, XE, V3 and HC in the log.  No KH6 or KL7 which are
usually a given.  Definitely not one of my better efforts.

Not as many dupes this year as in the past, but then again not as many Qs.
Activity definitely seemed to be down.

Had lots of jumps onto my run frequency without a much as a single
"QRL?".  Also had quite a few "campers" setup 150Hz or less
away.

73 - Rick WB8JUI