[3830] NA Sprint CW NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2014 04:33:19 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   36
   40:   79
   20:   86
---------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

My highest score ever, and only my second time to
break 200 QSOs while QRP. Thank you for all the
good ears out there!

Only one radio, since I have a head cold that makes
two radios sound like four. I just resolved to work
harder.

20m was a rocky start. I lost nearly every pileup,
and was reminded why contests with Kilowatts crush
the QRP caller. At 90 minutes I finally moved to
40m for some real competition - everyone else had
moved much earlier. Another 90 minutes on 40m and
I was running out of new stations that could hear
me on 40m, so I moved to "the QRP-grinder" of 80m.
So many lost pileups, so many people CQing in my
face. The rate kept slowing and slowing... Luckily
the band took pity on me, and with three minutes to
spare I broke 200 Q's. I worked an insurance contact,
then laid my head on the table and exhaled. Done.

NN7SS Burt WA (op K6UFO)

20m: C-31XR at 71ft
40m: Force 12 Delta 240 at 78ft
80m: Full size Delta Loop from 70 ft
Kenwood TS-590s turned down to 5 watts
Writelog and Microham keyer

QSO by hour and band.
        80M     40M     20M    Total   Cumm
00Z       -       -      55       55     55
01Z       -      25      31       56    111
02Z       -      46       -       46    157
03Z      36       8       -       44    201
Total:   36      79      86