[3830] BC QSO VA7ST Single OpCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] BC QSO VA7ST Single OpCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2014 04:56:00 +0000
                    British Columbia QSO Party

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single OpCW HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   41                     27
   15:   34                     19
   10:
Total:   75     0       0       46         0         0  Total Score = 13,800

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Activity seemed up from previous years, as it should be with the heavy Orca DX
and Contest Club promotion behind this event.

While the SSB operators surely had a great time, this is not a good weekend for
yet another CW contest activity. The collision with the NA CW Sprint from 0000z
to 0400z is very frustrating, and means BCQP effectively ends at 0000z for CW
operators. Exchanges for the two events are incompatible (Sprint has no RST,
while BCQP requires it).

Wouldn't be fair to the Sprinters to add RST to my exchange, so I ran the
Sprint for a couple of hours using KEL (my BC county abbreviation) as my name,
but afterward realized that no RST in the Sprint exchange means I cannot count
those 105 Qs for BCQP points.

Hope everyone had fun. I did for a while, but this is no rate-fest to be sure.

See you next week in WPX RTTY.

-- Bud VA7ST