Re: [3830] VtQP WN4AFP Single OpMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [3830] VtQP WN4AFP Single OpMixed LP
From: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2014 15:49:23 -0500
The "big" contest which includes Vermont is the NEQP, which is held in May, and usually has a fair representation from all the New England States. The same weekend is 7QP, with a fair representation from all the states in 7-land, and the Indiana QSO party which is in its own category. If one is outside these areas (and probably even if one is inside) there's a module for IN7QPNE for N1MM (and perhaps other logging programmes), so that one may contribute logs to each contest, but work in all three of the contests.

Note, I was trying to work Minnesota stations, but ran across one rather lonely Vermont station, and one similarly rather lonely VE7 station, worked each, "forced" N1MM logger to accept the non standard QSO info (so I could easily retrieve it later and put it in the right module.) I'll submit three logs, one for MNQP, one for VTQP, and one for BCQP.

One neat thing about the MNQP was that they had representation of at least 3, maybe more, W1AW/Ø stations in several counties, so one could combine points toward the ARRL centennial QSO party plus points toward the MNQP.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time