[3830] RTTY WPX K4WW SOSB80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ww@twc.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K4WW SOSB80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2014 15:25:36 +0000
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K4WW
Operator(s): K4WW
Station: K4WW

Class: SOSB80 HP
QTH: KY
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
   80:  32
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

With 1/4 inch of ice coating all antenna's, my participation interest was not
very high. Decided to just make a few contacts, on 80, with initial intention
of making 100. When I first got on, I tuned the band, and there were very few
signals on. I sent QRL, twice, on 3585.0, with no response from the fist, but
received an exchange on the second. I inquired as to whom it was, and received,
from K9XD:" K4WW shame on you, the frequency is in use"? Without
knowing the category of K9XD, I don't know with whom to place the blame, but if
my signal was loud enough for K9XD to send an exchange, surely it was loud
enough to be heard, when I sent QRL? I did manage to work 9A1A. YU3AAA and
W1AW/KH6, but the little interest that I did have, was completely diluted by
the situation with K9XD. It's only a game, and when the game isn't fun, I will,
and did, do something else. To those that heard me, thanks, to those the I
couldn't hear, I apologize.