[3830] RTTY WPX GU0SUP SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pcooper@guernsey.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX GU0SUP SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2014 20:02:54 +0000
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: GU0SUP
Operator(s): GU0SUP
Station: GU0SUP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
   80:    0
   40:  151
   20:  204
   15:  202
   10:  126
------------
Total:  683  Prefixes = 520  Total Score = 1,014,000

Club: DL-DX RTTY Contest Group

Comments:

Always good fun, as almost everything is a mult to start with!
When I started around 0630 on Saturday, 40m was alive with mid-west W's, many
much louder than EU stations, and there are extra points too.
Many "new" calls were worked, so I expect a deluge of QSL's soon.
It was also nice to get W1AW/KH6 on 20m and 15m.
My original goal was to work around 700 Q's for 700k points, but I fell short
on the Q's, but busted 1m points, which was pleasing.
I probably could have made the 700 Q's, but ended up having to cook the Sunday
roast to keep the peace.

Some folks need to get used to the idea of putting CQ at the end of their
(rather long) CQ call. Many times I saw a mult show up, and had to wait to see
if it was CQ'ing or going back to someone.

There were also many sending QRZ? or AGN AGN, yet only sent the serial once,
necessitating repeats.

I did note that some W's were not signing /x and worked a couple of 6-area
calls from NY and a 7 from FL.

I also had one of those scary moments too when some quite random text printed
ZC4LI while I was CQ'ing. You were missed Steve!

It was also great to have the 7800 back in the shack. It really does make a
huge difference to making the most of the bands.

Thanks to all for the great party, it was fun!

73 de Phil GU0SUP